2011年4月28日 星期四

[Food 005] Daring Baker's Challenge April: Maple Mousse Served in a Meringue Cup (an edible container)

Blog-checking lones: The April 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Evelyne of the blog Cheap Ethnic Eatz. Evelyne chose to challenge everyone to make a maple mousse in an edible container. Prizes are being awarded to the most creative edible container and filling, so vote on your favorite from April 27th to May 27th at http://thedaringkitchen.com!


Sorry for the blob-like mousse


Wow!  It IS a very difficult daring baker challenge...how on earth our fellow daring bakers have thought about such incredible ideas for the challenge?  I'm amazed but at the same time I'm so worried that I couldn't accomplish it.  Luckily, I've done it....though it's not turning out the way I've expected.  Anyways, I've promised myself before that no matter if I succeed or fail making the food, I'm posting it.  This time, I can say it's a failure (I'm very generous to myself already )...because I can't eat it and I really can't let anyone eat that.

I used the idea of 'meringue cup' as the 'edible container', in the picture of my mind the meringue cup will be very 'container' like..very sturdy...obviously I didn't think thorugh :(.  And the maple mousse is waaaaaaaaaaay too sweet to my liking and there's a very big physical problem.....after putting the mousse into the meringue 'cup', the cup starts to melt......because of the moisture-ness of the mousse.  And worst of all, I didn't think about the color of both components that are so similar, the outcome of the meringue cup and the mousse didn't compliment each other but just blended together...the whole thing is a mess!

Anyhow, I still feel good that I've tried, afterall it's the experience that's more worth to remember, right? :)
(Still I can only post 1 photo because the outcome is too gross!)

沒有留言:

張貼留言